Love It and Leave It Clean Day - October 1, 2016 - 9:00 am - Bend
Join our annual day of cleaning up the trails and backcountry campsites before winter arrives. We will divide up into teams and hike trails off of Cascade Lakes Highway. Each group will be led by a Wilderness Ranger. Hikes will vary in length and difficulty. We will put you in a group to match your physical ability. Tasks include picking up trash, naturalizing campsites and erasing fire rings. Please bring the 10 essentials and appropriate hiking attire for the weather, lunch and water. We will be carpooling. Bring work gloves. Other tools and garbage bags will be provided. Please no dogs. Bring friends and neighbors! Before we leave for the day, there will be a safety talk and volunteer agreements to sign.
We will meet at River Bend Dog Park off Columbia Street in Bend. Look for the Forest Service trucks in the paved and gravel lots.
After our hikes, we will all meet at Crux Brewery in Bend to have dinner together and share stories. Plan to meet there anytime after 5:30pm.
Registrations so far:
- Bill Burwell – 1 person/people attending
- Joanne Richter – 1 person/people attending
- Maureen Donahue – 1 person/people attending
- Richard Nix – 1 person/people attending
- Rynda Clark – 1 person/people attending
- Tom Cappy – 1 person/people attending
- molly.johnson – 1 person/people attending